• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financial Woes!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scotty711

What is the name of your state? Florida
My attorney has just filed for dissolution of marriage with the court. We are unable to locate my husband so we must post it in the paper for 4 weeks and can then proceed. My question is regarding outstanding debts in my husband's name ONLY (ie., credit cards, car loans, etc.); I have always paid all of the household bills from the joint income deposited into our checking account. My husband recently was fired from his job so he is no longer contributing any income. My salary is insufficient to cover all of the household and credit card expenses.

Do I have to continue to pay credit card debt that is in my husband's name?
If I stop paying these bills how will that impact me? I realize that under the law all income and debt is martial, however, when looking at a credit report it only impacts the individual on the credit card account. Drowning in financial woes!! :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">