• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financially Drained w/ Equity tied Jointly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michelle_rene

What is the name of your state? Illinois
X got use of house til youngest child turns 18 and then house is to be sold and equity split evenly. There are 4 years left until sale. Currently financially behind and in need of my portion of equity. Home worth around 130,000 and currently owe around 21,000. What are the possibilities of a judge ruling to amend judgement to have home refinanced, turning over my share of equity now.

And How would I go about it... Pro Se?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Illinois
X got use of house til youngest child turns 18 and then house is to be sold and equity split evenly. There are 4 years left until sale. Currently financially behind and in need of my portion of equity. Home worth around 130,000 and currently owe around 21,000. What are the possibilities of a judge ruling to amend judgement to have home refinanced, turning over my share of equity now.

And How would I go about it... Pro Se?
Is your x able to refinance in his/her own name? Can he/she qualify for and afford a new mortgage?

If so, have you discussed with him/her whether or not he/she is willing to refinance to buy you out?

You do realize that this is probably the worst possible time to try to sell or refinance a house? You do realize that things could be much better in 4 more years?

penelope10

Is your x able to refinance in his/her own name? Can he/she qualify for and afford a new mortgage?

If so, have you discussed with him/her whether or not he/she is willing to refinance to buy you out?

You do realize that this is probably the worst possible time to try to sell or refinance a house? You do realize that things could be much better in 4 more years?
LD is right. At this point there are some people finding out, sadly, that they have little or no equity in their home. Glad I did my own refi before the boom went bust.;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">