• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL - Child support guidelines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tpa05

What is the name of your state? Fl

I feel like I'm hoggin' up the lines here but here goes another one. On the child support guidlines worksheet, the chart used to determine support uses the value for the "Combined Monthly Available Income". If it said "Combined Monthly Income" only (sans available) I'd immediately assume Gross and move on. The available part sent me here.

Ok, what do they mean? Gross, Net or some other calculated value?

Again, thanks for the help and quick responses. If ya can't tell, this is my weekend for fillin' out forms.

CourtClerk

What is the name of your state? Fl

I feel like I'm hoggin' up the lines here but here goes another one. On the child support guidlines worksheet, the chart used to determine support uses the value for the "Combined Monthly Available Income". If it said "Combined Monthly Income" only (sans available) I'd immediately assume Gross and move on. The available part sent me here.

Ok, what do they mean? Gross, Net or some other calculated value?

Again, thanks for the help and quick responses. If ya can't tell, this is my weekend for fillin' out forms.

Generally I would believe (if it's anything like it is here) and if OG is still online she can correct me, it would be your gross, minus taxes and any applicable union dues that you would need to pay to keep your job (doesn't include payroll deductions, garnishments, automatic deductions for other stuff, etc). Your net income.

tpa05

Yea, there seems to be several different variations of "Net" throughout the Financial Affidavit. I know I'm being picky and/or specific (and perhaps unreasonably so) but basically what I'm asking is what line of the Financial Affidavit (for Florida) do I use for the Available Income? As I indicated in another thread, I called the courthouse to ask a few questions like these and got yelled at.

Gracie3787

Yea, there seems to be several different variations of "Net" throughout the Financial Affidavit. I know I'm being picky and/or specific (and perhaps unreasonably so) but basically what I'm asking is what line of the Financial Affidavit (for Florida) do I use for the Available Income? As I indicated in another thread, I called the courthouse to ask a few questions like these and got yelled at.
I just tried to access the forms to be able to give you the exact line numbers, but my adobe reader is messed up and froze my computer. Anyway, I'll try to explain without the numbers.

On the financial affidavit the line that has your net income is the income you use. It's the line right after the spaces where you list your allowable deductions, such as taxes, mandatory union dues, etc. Hope this helps.

tpa05

On the Financial Affidavit form 12.902b (short form) or 12.902c (Long Form) it looks like line #27. I'll look at the website you provided for more info. Thanks Gracie for the quick responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">