• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL violating parenting plan again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ScubaJim

Violation of parenting plan. My ex wife was found in violation of the parenting plan for enroling our child in a private school agents my expressed objections how ever no sanctions were giving. Less then. 5 months after the judgment she does it again. The parenting plan states " Both Parent shall enroll an register the child in school" am I just wasting my time with the court system or in your opinion this time the court will impose something. We live on FL thanks for you Help

Silverplum

Violation of parenting plan. My ex wife was found in violation of the parenting plan for enroling our child in a private school agents my expressed objections how ever no sanctions were giving.
Did you file for contempt?
The first finding of contempt often leads to "nothing," or "no sanctions." But it is the beginning of showing that the in-contempt parent does not respect the parenting plan, the court, or the other parent.
Keep filing.

ScubaJim said:
Less then. 5 months after the judgment she does it again. The parenting plan states " Both Parent shall enroll an register the child in school" am I just wasting my time with the court system or in your opinion this time the court will impose something. We live on FL thanks for you Help
Like I wrote, keep filing.

Keep in mind, the reason you are filing is to maintain the parenting plan that was found by the court to be in the best interests of the child. You are not filing to *punish* the other parent.

LdiJ

Violation of parenting plan. My ex wife was found in violation of the parenting plan for enroling our child in a private school agents my expressed objections how ever no sanctions were giving. Less then. 5 months after the judgment she does it again. The parenting plan states " Both Parent shall enroll an register the child in school" am I just wasting my time with the court system or in your opinion this time the court will impose something. We live on FL thanks for you Help
When your ex was found in violation of the parenting plan did the judge order her to withdraw the child from private school and place the child in public school? Do you have a particular objection to the private school?

I am asking because frequently, a judge will find that there is that type of violation, but will allow the child to continued to be enrolled in the private school as long as the violating parent pays for it all by themselves. Again, though that is assuming that you didn't have strong objections to the school for reasons other than its cost.

ScubaJim

Response

The judge sated in her findings that since we were agreement now no sanctions would be imposed. I never sated I agreed so not sure why she sated that. But too expensive to fight wording in the judgement. I was ask to choose out of 3 schools the one I liked on paper exceeds all others but mother chooses other one. It's an hour away from my home and 30 away from hers. There are other things too but this is in your face I don't care what u want stuff. The ex sated I quote nothing happened to me last time waste your money take me to court.

LdiJ

The judge sated in her findings that since we were agreement now no sanctions would be imposed. I never sated I agreed so not sure why she sated that. But too expensive to fight wording in the judgement. I was ask to choose out of 3 schools the one I liked on paper exceeds all others but mother chooses other one. It's an hour away from my home and 30 away from hers. There are other things too but this is in your face I don't care what u want stuff. The ex sated I quote nothing happened to me last time waste your money take me to court.
Jim, proper spelling and punctuation would sure make it easier to understand what you are saying/asking.

ScubaJim

?

Actually he said he didn't feel it was worth fighting.[/QUOTE

I apologize for my grammar, I should proof read more. I blame my youth ( 4 yrs as a COP ) spell ck built in computers.

No I was not saying it’s not worth fighting. I was just curious what others have experienced when a former spouse does what mine has done. There are other details but the bottom line is she was held in violation before and then turned around and did the same thing. What in others opinions will happen in court?

Silverplum

I was referring to the first violation. I wanted her in contempt not just a violation.
Well, that's not what she got.

So, I quote myself from this very thread: Keep in mind, the reason you are filing is to maintain the parenting plan that was found by the court to be in the best interests of the child. You are not filing to *punish* the other parent.

Bali Hai

I apologize for my grammar, I should proof read more. I blame my youth ( 4 yrs as a COP ) spell ck built in computers.

No I was not saying it’s not worth fighting. I was just curious what others have experienced when a former spouse does what mine has done. There are other details but the bottom line is she was held in violation before and then turned around and did the same thing. What in others opinions will happen in court?
Opinion:

Judges intentionally tend to be more lenient with some people and more strict with others. Why? Because they can.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Opinion:

Judges intentionally tend to be more lenient with some people and more strict with others. Why? Because they can.
This I would agree with. This is not indicative of any systematic bias, just human nature.

LdiJ

Spell check is the bane of human existence. Nobody learns to spell properly.

In any case dad, you still didn't answer my question...or maybe you did. Are you saying, that as long as you don't have to pay for it, your only problem with the private school is that its an hour away from you? Please answer the question because I am trying to go somewhere with this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">