• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Divorce Settlement question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrsvann17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida,

Per my husbands stipulated marital settlement agreement, when it comes to our vehicles it states directly:

1.HUSBAND'S VEHICLE: The Husband shall have in his sole property absolute the 2004 Chevy Silverado and hold the wife harmless from any debts, liability, or insurance cost.

2. WIFE'S VEHICLE The wife shall have in her sole property absolute the 2007 Dodge Durango. The husband shall continue to make the monthly payments on the Wife's vehicle until it is paid in full. When the wife's vehicle is paid in full then the husband shall be held harmless from any liabilities associated with the same.

Okay, does this in any way mean that we have to pay for her insurance every month and for her new tag registration ect?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida,

Per my husbands stipulated marital settlement agreement, when it comes to our vehicles it states directly:

1.HUSBAND'S VEHICLE: The Husband shall have in his sole property absolute the 2004 Chevy Silverado and hold the wife harmless from any debts, liability, or insurance cost.

2. WIFE'S VEHICLE The wife shall have in her sole property absolute the 2007 Dodge Durango. The husband shall continue to make the monthly payments on the Wife's vehicle until it is paid in full. When the wife's vehicle is paid in full then the husband shall be held harmless from any liabilities associated with the same.

Okay, does this in any way mean that we have to pay for her insurance every month and for her new tag registration ect?
Who's "we" and why would "we" pay for items not court-ordered?

mrsvann17

Who's "we" and why would "we" pay for items not court-ordered?
my husband and I. The car is in both of their names until he pays it off, she refuses to put insurance on it so force placed insurance is on it and adds to the payments ALOT. Is there any way they could make him pay insurance ? she states that "liabilities of the same" means he has to pay the insurance

LdiJ

my husband and I. The car is in both of their names until he pays it off, she refuses to put insurance on it so force placed insurance is on it and adds to the payments ALOT. Is there any way they could make him pay insurance ? she states that "liabilities of the same" means he has to pay the insurance
So, you are saying that the bank has placed insurance on the car because the ex wife refuses to insure it?...Because she believes that your husband is supposed to insure it?

Since that kind of insurance is VERY expensive, it would seem to me that it would be more sensible for your husband to put insurance on the car, and then for your husband to address the issue with his ex wife, in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">