• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

florida seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seperated

florida. My wife has told me she has not cheated but has simply fallen out of love with me. has already found an apartment the next after telling me. we both agreed no fighting over our daughter, splitting all the bills we have together, not moving out of the areas so we both have full access to our daughter. she wants my help with some of her bills still. but she leid to me on several ocasions about being out with a friend and was really hanging out with this guy she said she has no romantic interest in. what do i do??? she has given me the house and most of the items inside.

mistoffolees

Florida

There is a problem - you can't get a legal separation in FL, so none of the agreements mean a whole lot. I suppose you could get everything in writing on how you're going to handle things, but I doubt if those agreements would mean much if the other person chooses to violate them.

It's up to you as to what you want to do about her 'hanging around' with a guy. It could be innocent or it could be more than hanging around. You can't stop her from doing whatever she wants, but you can decide what to do about yourself. Your options are:
1. Accept it and do nothing (continue as you are).
2. File for divorce
3. Get counseling and try to keep the marriage.

If none of those options is the clear winner in your mind, you might want to seek counseling for your self.

LdiJ

florida. My wife has told me she has not cheated but has simply fallen out of love with me. has already found an apartment the next after telling me. we both agreed no fighting over our daughter, splitting all the bills we have together, not moving out of the areas so we both have full access to our daughter. she wants my help with some of her bills still. but she leid to me on several ocasions about being out with a friend and was really hanging out with this guy she said she has no romantic interest in. what do i do??? she has given me the house and most of the items inside.
It sounds like you are both being very mature and adult regarding your child and financial matters.

Are you considering not being mature and adult any longer because she is hanging out with a guy friend?

Think about your child's best interest (which is having both of you regularly in her life) and your own best financial interest (which is settling things as amicably and fairly as possible, with the least amount of attorney fees), and then decide whether or not you want to make an issue of her male "friend".

My ex husband left me for another woman. I could have made life very complicated for him (and for me too) but I chose not to do so. I had seen too many examples of nasty divorces in my extended family.

As a result, he and I ended up truly being best friends, our current relationship, 18 years later, for me, is like having another brother. Our daughter got to spend time with both of us, almost daily, throughout her childhood, and not only can we attend the same family functions, but have fun doing so as well.

Divorce hurts everyone, but the hurt CAN be minimized if both parties are willing to be "fair" and come to amicable agreements. That being said, that doesn't mean that one party should "roll over and play dead" in the fairness stakes. What it does mean however, is that people shouldn't fight foolish battles over "ego".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">