• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Force house sale?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

staceystar

UK resident

My husband and I got married in October this year after 18 months together. He split with his ex and the mother of his two children (6 and 7) shortly before we got together (almost two years ago now). They were never married but were together for about 10 years.

His ex and their children live in the house my Husband and the ex jointly own. He has not paid towards the mortgage since he left although he does continue to pay towards the endowment policy. He also employs his ex in his company and pays child maintenance.

We would really like to buy our own house but without a deposit (which is tied up in their house) this is going to be difficult.

Does anyone know whether my Husband could 'force' his ex into selling the house? There is equity in the home and we believe she could easily find somewhere else local.

Also where would my husband stand if she moved her boyfriend in? What if we have children of our own?

Your advice would be very much appreciated.

LdiJ

I am sorry but this forum is for US law only. We don't know anything about UK law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">