• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forged notarized marriage settlement agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squawll

CA.
My husband and I purchased an apt building with my retirement savings 9 years ago. In 2006, we decided we no longer wanted to be married, but wanted to share the apt for the sake of the kids. This was to go on for as long as we could while we paid down bills and got prepared to put a portion of the proceeds into a trust for their college educations. I lost my job a year and a half ago and have not been able to contribute the full 50% of the bills that we agreed we would share. I have been working part time and receiving unemployment.
Fast forward to my current predicament. It turns out that he has been doing some shady dealings. On his computer I discovered a scanned copy of a marriage settlement agreement and FL-100 - Petition for Marriage Dissolution. FL-100 is only signed by him and dated 9/1/10. The marriage settlement agreement is signed by both of us and has a notary's signature. I did not sign the form. It is a complete forgery.
I contacted the notary that "signed" the document. He stated that he does not have a record of me coming in for a signing. I contacted the court, none of the forms have been filed.
What I need to know is, can I still use the document against my ex in court? The docs that he forged show me agreeing that he has 100% ownership of the building I purchased and all of the income from the building. At this point, I want him out immediately. We had a six month plan for him to leave, but I don't feel that I can trust him in my home. The problem is that with the level of unpaid bills that he has let pile up, I won't be able to afford to live on my own until they are paid and the building is sold.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">