• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

former military spouse retirement pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lynn23

Colorado

I was divorced in 1986. My ex spouse was active military. We were married for 12 years and I signed the divorce decree with my ex husband's attorney, Per this attorney I did not have to show up in court. I was on welfare during the separation and could not afford an attorney and I feel my rights were violated.

I did have an attorney when I filed the separation agreement but do not have a copy of that. I feel that there should have been an order for retirement pay. Is it too late to amend or appeal the decree?

Thank you,

CourtClerk

22 years ago???? Uh, yeah, the statute of limitations has long since passed. But worry not, you've figured out for 22 years how to continue to support yourself without your exhusband. I'm sure you'll have your own retirement to live on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">