• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which forms?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NewThings

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

They have the forms to file for divorce online. I am sorry to sound so feable but I am uncertain which ones to do. We have minor children. They have by petitioner only - its my wife who wants the divorce but as we tried counseling and I know its hopeless to fix, I am the one filling out the paperwork and paying the fees.

Set # 3 is when both parties agree - we agree on most things, but we have 4 cars we own clear and free. I drive a truck but it will not hold myself and all of the children at once, so I want one of the sedans so I can drive everyone at once - this leaves her the mini-van and a Seville which also will hold everyone. So we are not in agreement - and we have no real agreement on how time will be split up with the kids , which holidays etc. So can I still use the #3 form and have it served on her. The reason I want to use #3 is because it looks like the child support does not have to be paid though some clearing house.

All the other forms look like child support has to be paid through some clearing house, and that comes with another fee. I would rather pay her a check and save the extra fee.

Is there any way around having a clearing house do the child support payments, even if I use set #1?

Thank you

NewThings

Is there a legal service that I can hire for just an hour or two to help with making the right choices on the forms?

mistoffolees

Unfortunately, if you agree on 10 million things and disagree on one, it's still disputed.

The problem you're going to run into is that a dispute - even on one trivial thing - can easily double or triple the cost of the divorce. It's worth making every effort to resolve things yourselves.

If you want some minor legal advice, I'd call an attorney. Most of them have hourly rates and a couple of hours won't be too expensive. Plus, they can hopefully keep you from making any major mistakes. Alternatively, ask the court clerk if there are any self-help offices in your area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">