• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Four Years, Still Attached?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlewis305

What is the name of your state? CT

Here's a kicker. I have a really stupid ex-husband. No really guys, he's as dumb as they come.

He's mad at me. He's losing another case we have involving our child. We divorced almost 4 years ago. Nothing really came out of the divorce. He was in jail, I already started my new life. I told the judge that I had some belongings of his that I would hold on to until he got out of jail. Well that took too long and his mother finally took them. Clothes, shoes, blankets, pictures, that's all there was.

He's been in and out of jail. And the times he has been out he did not bother me. Now that he's losing the other case he files a motion for contempt. He claims he had 600 to $700 worth of tools that I would claim to be responsible for. There were no tools. I moved out way before him. When I went back to the place where we lived I gathered what was left. People were already moved in, they were nice enough to keep this stuff. There were no tools. I think he sold them for crack and is now making me responsible. Please tell me is this ridiculous!? Four years later and now he remembers his tools.

Also while he was in jail, I had to beg him to registar a car in his name. We were still married. I forged his name. He told me I could. I'm not a criminal, not even a good liar. A state trooper came by my house in April 2004, I filled out a statement admitting that I did it only with his permission. She saw we were married, told me she would call. I called her and she told me not to worry about it. The case was dismissed. Nothing came of it. No warrant or arrest.

I'm assuming he needs to have some kind of proof of the tools. Receipts, invoices something. What about the whole care situation. It has nothing to do with the divorce and the case disolved. Where can he get with this? When we go to court can I request that he does not do this anymore or can he continue to take me to court for the rest of my life to make me crazy?

Thanks.

LdiJ

Why did you register a car in his name if he was in jail? Why didn't you just register it in your own name? In any case, if the trooper told you that the case was dismissed, its dismissed and you shouldn't worry about it.

As far as the tools are concerned, its been 4 years...he is unlikely to get anywhere with that.

However, you have a child in common, therefore there will always be a way that he can take you to court.

He is the one with a burden of proof, not you. Do you really think he can prove in court that he had tools worth $700 (receipts, pictures) and prove that he left them in your care?

Stop loosing sleep over this one. :)

Also, do you think he wants to keep spending time and money to sue you all his life? It's not free to take someone to court, you know... but he can do whatever he likes.

jjlewis305

No for him it is free honey. He uses the states money. He fills out those financial affidavits, screams poor and bothers me. Yeah he has lots of time. Thanks for reassuring me about the tools though.

jjlewis305 said:
What is the name of your state? CT

Here's a kicker. I have a really stupid ex-husband. No really guys, he's as dumb as they come.

He's mad at me. He's losing another case we have involving our child. We divorced almost 4 years ago. Nothing really came out of the divorce. He was in jail, I already started my new life. I told the judge that I had some belongings of his that I would hold on to until he got out of jail. Well that took too long and his mother finally took them. Clothes, shoes, blankets, pictures, that's all there was.

He's been in and out of jail. And the times he has been out he did not bother me. Now that he's losing the other case he files a motion for contempt. He claims he had 600 to $700 worth of tools that I would claim to be responsible for. There were no tools. I moved out way before him. When I went back to the place where we lived I gathered what was left. People were already moved in, they were nice enough to keep this stuff. There were no tools. I think he sold them for crack and is now making me responsible. Please tell me is this ridiculous!? Four years later and now he remembers his tools.

Also while he was in jail, I had to beg him to registar a car in his name. We were still married. I forged his name. He told me I could. I'm not a criminal, not even a good liar. A state trooper came by my house in April 2004, I filled out a statement admitting that I did it only with his permission. She saw we were married, told me she would call. I called her and she told me not to worry about it. The case was dismissed. Nothing came of it. No warrant or arrest.

I'm assuming he needs to have some kind of proof of the tools. Receipts, invoices something. What about the whole care situation. It has nothing to do with the divorce and the case disolved. Where can he get with this? When we go to court can I request that he does not do this anymore or can he continue to take me to court for the rest of my life to make me crazy?

Thanks.

Well, let's see . . . hmmmmmmmmmm . . . The divorce only occurred four years ago, so it wasn't that long that you've known him; estimating, maybe 6 years total.

So, when did he become stupid, dumb and a jail bird? Was that before you met him or during your total relationship, or is this a relatively new "thing"?

Hmmm?

IAAL

M A R Y FAT PIG said:
Well, let's see . . . hmmmmmmmmmm . . . The divorce only occurred four years ago, so it wasn't that long that you've known him; estimating, maybe 6 years total.

So, when did he become stupid, dumb and a jail bird? Was that before you met him or during your total relationship, or is this a relatively new "thing"?

Hmmm?

IAAL
Don't run away from me, little piggie. That's not polite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">