• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

liliana84

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS

MY MARRIAGE WAS FRAUD. I MARRIED A GUY THAT IS IN THE MILITARY. HE WAS SUPPOSE TO GET A RAISE AND I THEN WOULD RECEIVE MONEY. THAT NEVER HAPPENED, I GOT NOTHING. SIX MONTHS AFTER THE MARRIAGE I WANTED A DIVORCE. LAST I KNEW HE WOULD "TAKE CARE OF IT". THESE PAST TWO MONTHS I HAVE CALL JUST ABOUT EVERYDAY AND HE DOSENT RETURN MY CALLS. WELL IT HAS BEEN 1 YEAR AND 1 MONTH SINCE THE MARRIAGE. I HAVE NO MONEY TO PAY FOR THIS, I LIVE CHECK BY CHECK. COULD I HAVE THIS MARRIAGE TERMINATED WITH OUT GETTING HIM IN TROUBLE? WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES?

nextwife

So you are saying the marriage was Fraud because he didn't send you money? What were you living on before you married him?

Anyway, file for divorce and be done with it. Sounds like you have accumulated no assets together, so it should be fairly simple.

L

liliana84

No It Was Fraud Because From The Begging It Was Agreed That We Would Get Married Only For That Purpose. So We Each Would Get Money From This. I Cant Afford It And I Cant Get A Hold Of Him!

LdiJ

liliana84 said:
No It Was Fraud Because From The Begging It Was Agreed That We Would Get Married Only For That Purpose. So We Each Would Get Money From This. I Cant Afford It And I Cant Get A Hold Of Him!
You entered into a fraudulent marriage thinking that somehow you were going to get money from the military out of it? Were you mentally incompetent at the time? Just file for divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">