• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraud annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LisaAndrews36

in pa, if i were married and didn't realize that my husband had a drinking problem and was $12,000 in debt from a business he owned prior to the marriage, do i have grounds for an annulment? he will not admit to the drinking problem but had a dui and was arrested for public drunkenness during the marriage. he also had a business that went bankrupt because he was drinking all the time.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LisaAndrews36 said:
in pa, if i were married and didn't realize that my husband had a drinking problem and was $12,000 in debt from a business he owned prior to the marriage, do i have grounds for an annulment? he will not admit to the drinking problem but had a dui and was arrested for public drunkenness during the marriage. he also had a business that went bankrupt because he was drinking all the time.
My response:

No, drinking problems and debts are not grounds for an annulment. You are imbued with that knowledge prior to marriage; i.e., the courts will say that you should have known these facts long before you said "I do".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">