• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

freeze assets overseas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bari44ch

california,,,,,,
i have assets in u.s. can my canadian wife freeze or aquire my assets in u.s. and abroad and does she need court order, would it be expensive for her to do that.
also im a canadian citizen. thanks

LdiJ

california,,,,,,
i have assets in u.s. can my canadian wife freeze or aquire my assets in u.s. and abroad and does she need court order, would it be expensive for her to do that.
also im a canadian citizen. thanks
Since the US courts do cooperate with the Canadian courts, yes, if the situation warranted it, it would be possible to freeze/put a lien on US assets. Any ability to freeze assets outside of the US or Canada would depend on the laws of that particular country.

I have no idea how much it would cost to do that, as I assume she would be filing in Canada.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">