• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Furniture value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbvol

What is the name of your state?Tennessee

When you are filling out the info on Furniture for the courts..Do you value it at what you paid for it or what it is worth now. Example..If you paid $900 for a couch is it $900 now (7 years old?)

S

shell007

NO...a seven-year-old couch does not have the same value as when you bought in new. It is not new any more. It's almost old!

LdiJ

sbvol said:
What is the name of your state?Tennessee

When you are filling out the info on Furniture for the courts..Do you value it at what you paid for it or what it is worth now. Example..If you paid $900 for a couch is it $900 now (7 years old?)
When it comes to things like that its absolutely NOT original value...its fair market value. A couch purchased for 900.00....7 years ago, would be worth almost nothing now. Yard sale value is the best you could use to base value.

sbvol

When she first walked out... refused to help me I had to sell some furniture and cash in my 401K. I did this before I was served.. Will the courts bust my Ball$? She cleaned out the savings and checking

Bali Hai

LdiJ said:
When it comes to things like that its absolutely NOT original value...its fair market value. A couch purchased for 900.00....7 years ago, would be worth almost nothing now. Yard sale value is the best you could use to base value.
I'm taking bets they use $900.

LdiJ

sbvol said:
When she first walked out... refused to help me I had to sell some furniture and cash in my 401K. I did this before I was served.. Will the courts bust my Ball$? She cleaned out the savings and checking
Its possible that the courts will bust you on that. Its also possible that they will bust her for cleaning out the checking and savings.

In any case, you both will have to account for the money, and it will figure into the final settlement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">