• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Future Earnings during divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pwilson921

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am a currently working as a government contractor in Baghdad. I accepted this position in August 2004. Prior to accepting this position, I spent 15-16 months in Philadelphia searching for a job that would allow my family and I to secure a wonderful life. Unfortunately the time spent away from my spouse has led for to divorce. Since our decision was just made yesterday, we are still in the process of deciding how we can do this in the least emotional way. My project (contract) will run through September of this year, I am slated to earn approximately $30-40K during this time. Since our decision to divorce took place on 01 June, is my wife entiltled to any of these earnings?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">