• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gambling husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rrust

New York State:

How will the following effect my credit, and whats steps should I take to correct the damage?

Unknown to me, my husband had been gambling a significant amount of money. He had been forging checks from my account, and gambling online using my credit card and ATM... all of which are my own accounts that he does not have permission to access. He also, unknown to me until recently, was arrested for stealing from a safe at work. He had been concealing all of the above from me by intercepting mail. He was hiding my bank statements and registering at gambling websites using all of my personal information. He then proceeded to lose in excess of 30K. When he was arrested for the theft he was released pending trial and managed to hide all documentation and information from. I did not find out until the friend that had bailed him out informed me when my husband failed to pay back the money he borowed. Additonally, my husband, who was responsible for auto insurance. He cancelled the policy and did not tell me. The car is registered in my name. My husband intercepted all mail documentation and the letter notifying me that my license had been suspended due to a laspe in insurance coverage. I have since left the house with my child. My husband has began selling our property to support his habit. He sold a motorcycle that was bought in my name. The bank holds the title. He sold it for cash to a deadbeat friend. The friend has since wrecked the motorcylce. The motorcycle was not registered or insured since the title belong to the bank and I am responsible for the remainder of the loan. I realize a lot of this sounds like I should have known what was going on, but my husband is very decpetive and good at covering his tracks. I have cancelled all accounts and transferred the remaining funds to a safe account. What should I do. I am the sole provider for the family. My husband has never had a stable job. In addition he has been sued for not paying debts to others and has pending lawsuits. :confused: I feel like such a fool, and I really need help.

Last edited:

ENASNI

wow

That really sounds awful...
Whey don't you ask a few questions.
Are you asking about divorce?
How your credit is going to be effected?
Things like that.
Ask some questions, Ms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">