• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

General Denial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccwebb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? - Texas

My wife signed an agreement but selected the option of "General Denial". My decree of divorce has been not approved during a prove-up and the reason was "An Original Answer has been filed by the Respondent."

What does that mean? She is agrees to the divorce, is not going to fight it. She just wishes to be part of it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? - Texas

My wife signed an agreement but selected the option of "General Denial". My decree of divorce has been not approved during a prove-up and the reason was "An Original Answer has been filed by the Respondent."

What does that mean? She is agrees to the divorce, is not going to fight it. She just wishes to be part of it.
If she denied it then she is NOT agreeing to it. A general denial means quite frankly she does NOT agree with the divorce -- at least not on the terms you filed.

mistoffolees

Hmmm... So do I need to get her to sign a different agreement then? She has signed the decree.
Did she sign an agreement or the decree? There's a big difference.

The fact that you're confusing an agreement and a decree suggests strongly that you don't want to do this on your own. See an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">