• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia divorce- adultery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

asdfg

I have heard that you can go to jail for committing adultery. Is that true?

J

jlmac

I would support going to jail but, seriously doubt it would happen. Probably some 100 year old law on the books that is never enforced. Most courts today accept adultery as common as bankruptcy.

Obviously this is not advice, just an opinion.

L

lildevil719

not positive about this, but I believe the only place where adultery is considered illegal is in the military and if you hold a government post...I know for sure it's not illegal in CO or CA...you'd have to check on GA...like I said, I'm not sure about this, and you'll want to doublecheck, but I hope this helped

LegalBeagle

lildevil719 said:
not positive about this, but I believe the only place where adultery is considered illegal is in the military and if you hold a government post...
I guess you did not read my post above..

LegalBeagle

asdfg said:
I have heard that you can go to jail for committing adultery. Is that true?
Yes.. but the chances these days are silm to nil.. adultery is normally used to give someone the upper hand in a divorce.

16-6-19 G
*** CODE SECTION *** 09/12/00

16-6-19.

A married person commits the offense of adultery when he voluntarily has sexual intercourse with a person other than his spouse and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished as for a misdemeanor.

L

lildevil719

I read the post legalbeagle...I said to my knowledge...your post was to your knowledge, not mine...also, I meant to put in something about your post, but I forgot...sorry...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">