• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Get Cheating wife out of house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Betrayed7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I just caught my wife in an affair. Myself and my three teens screamed at her to get out of the house, and she just dug in.

Any tricks to get her out? She left once and returned an hour before the locksmith.

Farfalla

I just caught my wife in an affair. Myself and my three teens screamed at her to get out of the house, and she just dug in.

Any tricks to get her out? She left once and returned an hour before the locksmith.
Um, cheating is a very bad thing... but it's usually a symptom that something is very wrong with the marriage. Most marriages recover from affairs.

But y you and your children were screaming at her to leave? You involved your children in this? They are her children too. Getting them involved at this level can cause you problems later down the road. Problems with doing things to turn the children against their mother. The affair is an issue between adults, husband and wife.

Until you are divorced and there is an agreement on who will leave the house, or until a judge orders one of you out…. It’s both of your house. You cannot kick her out and you cannot get your children to help you attack her to get her to leave.

LdiJ

I cannot believe that you involved the teens in this. That is the world's worst parenting.

She can stay until a judge tells her she has to leave. Don't automatically assume that she will be the one who has to leave. One of you will, eventually.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

You can NOT legally lock her out of the house. What the heck are you thinking? She is entitled to access to the marital home until a judge determines otherwise.

As for the teens -- are the teens JUST your children or are they also HER children? There is NO excuse for including them in this but it is even worst if you included HER children in a fight against her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">