• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Get A Job ..............please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mukiman

:( California
Quick question for a friend.
He just filed for divorce after an 18 yr. marriage. Wife decided she wanted her independence ! Ha Ha ! 3 Kids 15,13, 7(all in school ) with 50-50 custody.
Thw wife worked the first few years they were married and did an in home photography side business for awhile during the marriage. She is 39 and in great health and has been working part time in interior design for a few months.(as well as taking a couple evening courses in this field)
Heres the question: She has made it clear she wants and is entitled to continue her current lifestyle and does not want to work. Isn't there some civil code in Ca. that states a woman must try to become self supporting within a reasonable period of time? Do they inforce this??? And what is considered reasonable (realistically)? With the kids gone all day she could work. Plus the husband is a mortgage broker and has done well in recent years BUT, the housing market in our area is declining and his income has been dropping over the past 2+ years.How does this affect support?
Thanks for the help. Muki

LdiJ

now-hereman said:
Got it. The wife wants/feels she wants out, has contributed squat to the marriage and wants to be "taken care of" for bearing a few kids.

She will probably get what she wants.
While I am sure that these kinds of posts are good therapy for you, they really don't help the posters. Please stop.

LdiJ

mukiman said:
:( California
Quick question for a friend.
He just filed for divorce after an 18 yr. marriage. Wife decided she wanted her independence ! Ha Ha ! 3 Kids 15,13, 7(all in school ) with 50-50 custody.
Thw wife worked the first few years they were married and did an in home photography side business for awhile during the marriage. She is 39 and in great health and has been working part time in interior design for a few months.(as well as taking a couple evening courses in this field)
Heres the question: She has made it clear she wants and is entitled to continue her current lifestyle and does not want to work. Isn't there some civil code in Ca. that states a woman must try to become self supporting within a reasonable period of time? Do they inforce this??? And what is considered reasonable (realistically)? With the kids gone all day she could work. Plus the husband is a mortgage broker and has done well in recent years BUT, the housing market in our area is declining and his income has been dropping over the past 2+ years.How does this affect support?
Thanks for the help. Muki
If your friend doesn't have a good attorney, he needs to get one.

mukiman

LdiJ said:
While I am sure that these kinds of posts are good therapy for you, they really don't help the posters. Please stop.
:mad: EXCUSE ME....Theses posts are NOT therapy for me. IM NOT the one who needs therapy. And how do YOU know it does not help the posters? I bet there many guys in the same position. I was simply looking for some legal guidence to pass along. (thanks hereman) and thought thats what these boards were for.
But I see that YOU have appointed yourself "judge of the boards" deciding what questions can be asked.
Thanks for your wonderful support.............NOT. :rolleyes:
Muki

Zephyr

mukiman said:
:mad: EXCUSE ME....Theses posts are NOT therapy for me. IM NOT the one who needs therapy. And how do YOU know it does not help the posters? I bet there many guys in the same position. I was simply looking for some legal guidence to pass along. (thanks hereman) and thought thats what these boards were for.
But I see that YOU have appointed yourself "judge of the boards" deciding what questions can be asked.
Thanks for your wonderful support.............NOT. :rolleyes:
Muki

NOW you can say :eek: EXCUSE ME :eek: LdiJ was responding to someone else whose post has since been deleted :rolleyes:

jeez.....defensive much???

mukiman

WANNACRY said:
NOW you can say :eek: EXCUSE ME :eek: LdiJ was responding to someone else whose post has since been deleted :rolleyes:

jeez.....defensive much???[/QUOTE

That's not how it appears on my computer screen.
And yes I am a bit defensive as it seems many of the legal professionals on these boards get a big kick out of humiliating and berating peoples questions.
ie. Belize Breeze
Sorry if I took this wrong.
Muki

Veronica1228

mukiman said:
WANNACRY said:

jeez.....defensive much???[/QUOTE

That's not how it appears on my computer screen.
And yes I am a bit defensive as it seems many of the legal professionals on these boards get a big kick out of humiliating and berating peoples questions.
ie. Belize Breeze
Sorry if I took this wrong.
Muki
What kind of computer screen do you have? If you look at LDiJ's response again closely you will see a box within her box. It is a quote from someone else who is not you. LDiJ is trying to help you and does not deserve to be lashed out at.

mukiman

Veronica1228 said:
What kind of computer screen do you have? If you look at LDiJ's response again closely you will see a box within her box. It is a quote from someone else who is not you. LDiJ is trying to help you and does not deserve to be lashed out at.
:eek: My SINCERE apologies to LdiJ. I misread the the post.
I'm just a little defensive because I have had (and read) some really mean and berating remarks on these posts.I truly appreciate the help these posts provide and always try to stick to the guidelines.
Muki

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">