• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting belongings after split

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Username0987

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

My ex and I split recently and they will not let me have any of my belongings. I can gain access to the house with a key I know is hidden there. If I were to go in and take my things while they are away at work is there anything that could happen to me legally if I somehow got caught? I just want to explore all possible outcomes before attempting this.

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

My ex and I split recently and they will not let me have any of my belongings. I can gain access to the house with a key I know is hidden there. If I were to go in and take my things while they are away at work is there anything that could happen to me legally if I somehow got caught? I just want to explore all possible outcomes before attempting this.
OK, you and your ex... then who is "they" you are talking about? ;)

OHRoadwarrior

Are you still listed on the lease or title to the property? That would be your defense to do so. You should also contact local police and advise them you are retrieving your property, in case they lodge an objection.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
OK, you and your ex... then who is "they" you are talking about? ;)
Xy - they is often used as a gender-neutral singular pronoun when one does not want to use/does not know the biological gender.

However, our OP seems to be an angry person with a fetish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">