• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting belongings out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rgr1283

STBX wanted a divorce and I agreed to move out while she found an apartment because we have a 17 month old. She took what she considered her half and moved it into storage on the first of this month and won't have her apartment till the 16th. I filed for divorce but I want to move what is left before she decides she want more. I live in Florida I was thinking about getting what I can when she's at work and being gone before she returns.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
STBX wanted a divorce and I agreed to move out while she found an apartment because we have a 17 month old. She took what she considered her half and moved it into storage on the first of this month and won't have her apartment till the 16th. I filed for divorce but I want to move what is left before she decides she want more. I live in Florida I was thinking about getting what I can when she's at work and being gone before she returns.
Thank you for sharing. Best of luck.

adjusterjack

Read the preliminary injunction. If one was attached to your filing it may limit what you can do.

Otherwise, in the absence of an injunction against re-entering and taking stuff, you have every right to re-enter and get your stuff

AJM.4

What to do?

I have almost the same scenario but, i was Forced to move out of our house by my soon to be exhusband. He wont let me take anything out other than clothes but i took my 3 daughters with me that late night (around 10pm).
I keep trying to come back for my stuff but he wont let me take my stuff. I dont know what to do. He took the copy of the keys from me. Can he really do that since we are separated now but still legally married?
Do i have the right to have my stuff back?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have almost the same scenario but, i was Forced to move out of our house by my soon to be exhusband. He wont let me take anything out other than clothes but i took my 3 daughters with me that late night (around 10pm).
I keep trying to come back for my stuff but he wont let me take my stuff. I dont know what to do. He took the copy of the keys from me. Can he really do that since we are separated now but still legally married?
Do i have the right to have my stuff back?
1: Call the police to accompany you while you retrieve your things.
2: Please start your own thread about this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">