• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting the Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debokeley

What is the name of your state? FL

My husband and I have only been married since last July. He became very abusive and I had him removed from my house.

The car that he is driving is in my name (title and registration). He currently has the title in his brief case. He has also filed and obtained a restraining order against me because I told him I was coming to get the car. I am not allowed to come within 500 feet of him or 100 feet of the car. He currently does not have a driver's license.

I need to know what my rights are as to the car. It did belong to him when we met, but he signed over the title to me to get tags on it unitl he could get his driver's license issue worked out.

LdiJ

debokeley said:
What is the name of your state? FL

My husband and I have only been married since last July. He became very abusive and I had him removed from my house.

The car that he is driving is in my name (title and registration). He currently has the title in his brief case. He has also filed and obtained a restraining order against me because I told him I was coming to get the car. I am not allowed to come within 500 feet of him or 100 feet of the car. He currently does not have a driver's license.

I need to know what my rights are as to the car. It did belong to him when we met, but he signed over the title to me to get tags on it unitl he could get his driver's license issue worked out.
Go down to your local DMV and get a replacement title for the car. Then call a tow truck to tow it away from wherever it is and HIDE it. You are going to have serious problems if he is driving that car without a license and gets in an accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">