• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Ex to Pick up Stuff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blondie

I live in Indiana. My divorce was final six months ago but my ex will not pick up the personal property he was awarded in the divorce. I'm having a roommate move in and I do not have room for everything. He is supposed to pick up some pretty large items (dining room set, couch, chair, desk, lateral file, etc.) Do I have any recourse? Can I store it and make him pay? Does he have a time limit before which he forfeits his property? Can I sell it and give him the money?

LdiJ

blondie said:
I live in Indiana. My divorce was final six months ago but my ex will not pick up the personal property he was awarded in the divorce. I'm having a roommate move in and I do not have room for everything. He is supposed to pick up some pretty large items (dining room set, couch, chair, desk, lateral file, etc.) Do I have any recourse? Can I store it and make him pay? Does he have a time limit before which he forfeits his property? Can I sell it and give him the money?
Send him a certified letter. Tell him that he has 30 days to pick up his property or you will dispose of it. Give him an exact deadline. Send the letter via certified mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">