• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting my father to pay for college

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ananprep9899

i'm 20 years old, i live in newjersey and my parents are getting a divorce.i finished high school and i want to go to college for a degree in buisness, acounting or computers but i can't afford it even though i work but i make $250 a week and i have bills to pay and i just got a car to pay off.i wanted to know if i can get my father to pay for my college, if not all then some of it to help me out.my father is retired but he gets pension from the union, social security and other places.he gets about $2,000 a month.my parents own 3 houses which 2 of them they rent out because it's a 4 family house,the other one is a one family.i don't know if you need other information.if you can please help me out by answering this question i would really appreciate it.thankyou

ana

D

dorenephilpot

Your mother can ask the court, as part of the decree, to order your dad to pay for part of your college.

Of course, the court can order her to help also.

They don't OWE you anything, but often the court will make provisions for children's college expenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">