• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting separated and I was a house wife?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ileannasim

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I got married year and half ago, and have live with him for almost 3 years now.
I am a student and he has supported me for a while now. I do some odd jobs here and there but that is it.
I don't want a big fight about this separation. He is the one that didn't want to be with me, but I was the one who finally said enough.
I'm in my mothers house in florida for chritsmas, but when I go back I want to have some idea of what are my rights and his.
We have nothing other than debets and furnature, and a lease of a car in both names, although I'm the primare owner.
I have no savings or anything because whatever I made was used to pay our debet.
I would like to know if our debet should be split in half, what to do with the lease, and if I get a spouse financial support at least until I can find a job. And if I do get that suppot, how much and for how long would be expected by law. He make 73K a year.
I'm 30 and he is 32 years old.
Thank you for your help.
Margo

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I wouldn't count on support with such a short marriage. The debt should be split equitably (not necessarily equally). I'd get to work looking for that job. Good luck.

4ARMADILLOS

re

ca.
I was married only 4 years and was able to obtain $600.00 a month. i did not work either. Or you can just ask for support until you can get on your feet and state you would be willing to pay half of debt when working. He did support you while in school right? So call a divorce attorney get a fee consultation. The support may not last long but you can request it.a

nextwife

You are 30, you've been married for a total of only 18 months out of those 30 years? Don't you think it's TIME to take care of yourself already instead of expecting others to take care of you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">