• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting taken???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tygerr2001

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT.
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF FILING MY OWN DIVORCE,UNCONTESTED..WIFE OF 1 1/2 YRS,,WHO MOVED BACK TO VT,, AFTER I FOUND OUT SHE HAS BEEN CHEATING ON ME FOR 4 OF THE LAST 7 YRS TOGETHER,,IS REQUESTING
$3500.00 FOR A VEHICLE,,STATING THAT IF THIS DOESNT HAPPEN,, I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR 10 YRS ALIMONY??..1/2 OF MY 401K??AND POSSIBLE OTHER THINGS?..HOW MUCH MORE CAN BE TAKEN FROM ME??
ALL RESPONSES WILL BE GREATFULLY APPRECIATED,, THX,,,MH

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF FILING MY OWN DIVORCE,UNCONTESTED..WIFE OF 1 1/2 YRS,,WHO MOVED BACK TO VT,, AFTER I FOUND OUT SHE HAS BEEN CHEATING ON ME FOR 4 OF THE LAST 7 YRS TOGETHER,,IS REQUESTING
$3500.00 FOR A VEHICLE,,STATING THAT IF THIS DOESNT HAPPEN,, I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR 10 YRS ALIMONY??..1/2 OF MY 401K??AND POSSIBLE OTHER THINGS?..HOW MUCH MORE CAN BE TAKEN FROM ME??
How are you filing an uncontested divorce if you don't agree to everything she is requesting? Sorry but it looks like this will be contested. She is entitled to half the marital assets that accrued during the marriage, and half the debt that accrued during the marriage.

You were married for only 1.5 years but together for 7. You got married AFTER she started cheating on you?

Bali Hai

The strategy is to tell you she want's the moon believing that you're dumb enough to give it to her without a fight.

mistoffolees

How are you filing an uncontested divorce if you don't agree to everything she is requesting? Sorry but it looks like this will be contested. She is entitled to half the marital assets that accrued during the marriage, and half the debt that accrued during the marriage.
She's also not likely to get 10 years of alimony on a 1.5 year marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">