• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting what the divorce papers say Im entitled to

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

itchi

Mich My divorce became final in Jan. I did not get an attorney I thought I could trust my husband to be fair My settlement consisted of my savings 15000.00 my car and my personal belongings. I gave my husband the house the business and his retirements. On Dec 17 I got a load of pans and dishes My husband now refuses to let me have anything such as my legal papers, belongings I inherited from my parents and grandparents my pictures and the gifts Ive received over the last 30 years and a few pieces of furniture and a laptop I purchased myself what can I do

mistoffolees

What does the court order say? If it lists all the property, then the property goes to whoever the order says it goes to.

If something is not listed, then any personal property (pictures, etc) goes to whoever it belonged to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">