• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gifting properties to get out of paying ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcnswhv

In the divorce my ex-wife was ordered to sell the properties and give me half. I signed over the properties into her name. Now instead of selling, she has gifted all the properties to her family. Is there anything that I can do?:confused:

mistoffolees

In the divorce my ex-wife was ordered to sell the properties and give me half. I signed over the properties into her name. Now instead of selling, she has gifted all the properties to her family. Is there anything that I can do?:confused:
Yes. You can go to court to file for contempt. She still owes you half of the equity (based on fair market value at the time of the divorce).

Once again - for any other readers. DO NOT sign over properties until you have received your compensation and/or been removed from the mortgage. These things can all be handled simultaneously by any closing agency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">