• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Girlfriend of Husband gets restraining Order on False Allegations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ImStellaa19

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My husband and I are separated right now and he has met another girl and she is staying with him at the family owed home that just sold. I received a restraining order 3 weeks a go from her saying that I threaten to kill her and that i vandalized and other things that are not true in fact they were all lies. I was a little shocked so once the shock wore off I responded back and told them that she lied nothing was true I went to talk to my husband about some things never once did I talk to her when I went over to his house. Well she did not appear in court I did. Well she down the day of the court hearing and got another restraining order again I was served. What she is doing is just temporally keeping me away from my husband, and the only threat i am to her is my appearance there. I believe that she is just using the court system to keep me away, but she should be punished for that, she is wasting the courts time and the sheriffs time that serves me time, she is making a mockery out the legal system is there any way that I could prove it.

Proserpina

My husband and I are separated right now and he has met another girl and she is staying with him at the family owed home that just sold. I received a restraining order 3 weeks a go from her saying that I threaten to kill her and that i vandalized and other things that are not true in fact they were all lies. I was a little shocked so once the shock wore off I responded back and told them that she lied nothing was true I went to talk to my husband about some things never once did I talk to her when I went over to his house. Well she did not appear in court I did. Well she down the day of the court hearing and got another restraining order again I was served. What she is doing is just temporally keeping me away from my husband, and the only threat i am to her is my appearance there. I believe that she is just using the court system to keep me away, but she should be punished for that, she is wasting the courts time and the sheriffs time that serves me time, she is making a mockery out the legal system is there any way that I could prove it.

She's not keeping you away from your husband.

Your HUSBAND is keeping you away.

Put the blame where it should be - on him.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
She's not keeping you away from your husband.

Your HUSBAND is keeping you away.

Put the blame where it should be - on him.
If the GF has a RO out on the OP, then the OP cannot go near the GF (or her residence, etc.) In a way, it is the GF keeping her away ;)

Bali Hai

Sounds like the GF got the drop on you.

Ladyback1

What do you mean by that got the drop on me.

Quit worrying about the new girlfriend.
Continue to respond to the court papers, but quit trying to figure out what the girlfriend's "game".

Get yourself to an attorney and FILE FOR DIVORCE! J.C. on a pogo stick...quit dicking around with him (and her) and take charge of the situation. Quit letting the situation control you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Amen Ladyback!

What I get here:
GF filed for restraining order, didn't show up for court date, OP did, it was thrown out. So GF filed again.
Advice to OP on how to deal with your husband's GF: rinse and repeat. Do not go to the house. Let her file as often as she likes, respond and show up for court. If she's really making up stuff, and you've never so much as glanced in her direction, it'll catch up to her.

Clearly your dear husband has moved on. Show some self respect and stay out of a cat fight.

File for a divorce already.

ImStellaa19

Amen Ladyback!

What I get here:
GF filed for restraining order, didn't show up for court date, OP did, it was thrown out. So GF filed again.
Advice to OP on how to deal with your husband's GF: rinse and repeat. Do not go to the house. Let her file as often as she likes, respond and show up for court. If she's really making up stuff, and you've never so much as glanced in her direction, it'll catch up to her.

Clearly your dear husband has moved on. Show some self respect and stay out of a cat fight.

File for a divorce already.

Thank You I filed for divorce yesterday!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">