• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going Crazy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SoldiersMom

I live in Texas where they have no fault divorces, I have been separated from my husband for over 2 years due to his drinking and mental abuse. night after night every drunk in town was parked in my living room. We have an 11 year old daughter with downs syndrome just lately when he found out i talk to men and i mean just talk he has begun harassing me to no ends. he says he is going to get our daughter because i commit adultry which i do not . i work and come home ...I am going through alot because my son from a previous relationship has just enlisted in the army which keeps me scared to death... Can my soon to be ex take my daughter because i have male friends?He has a criminal record ranging from 4 dwi's to drug charges, my daughter hates to even talk to him on the phone and i have to force her too now because of the way he acts

Litigation!

SoldiersMom said:
I live in Texas where they have no fault divorces, I have been separated from my husband for over 2 years due to his drinking and mental abuse. night after night every drunk in town was parked in my living room. We have an 11 year old daughter with downs syndrome just lately when he found out i talk to men and i mean just talk he has begun harassing me to no ends. he says he is going to get our daughter because i commit adultry which i do not . i work and come home ...I am going through alot because my son from a previous relationship has just enlisted in the army which keeps me scared to death... Can my soon to be ex take my daughter because i have male friends?He has a criminal record ranging from 4 dwi's to drug charges, my daughter hates to even talk to him on the phone and i have to force her too now because of the way he acts

My response:

Why is it that the women who write to these forums are always willing to discuss their husband's criminal history in gory detail, but never their own?

Your criminal history has a lot to do with answering your question - - but, I doubt you'll be back here to respond IF you have to tell us your criminal history.

IAAL

SoldiersMom

no criminal history

Texas, I have no criminal history, i do not even have any speeding tickets, no late payments, nothing.. so thank you kindly but if u knew this man who says he is the new Devil and he does say that u would know it all

Litigation!

SoldiersMom said:
Texas, I have no criminal history, i do not even have any speeding tickets, no late payments, nothing.. so thank you kindly but if u knew this man who says he is the new Devil and he does say that u would know it all

My response:

Okay, was he like this, as you have described him, before the marriage, or did this great metamorphosis occur during your marriage?

IAAL

SoldiersMom

son

tx his son went to juvenile prison at 14 and thats when he changed towards me he drank non stop, i stood by his side but when his son got out 4 yrs ago my husband go even worse. His mom said it is because he is like his dad, but i feel deep down he blamed me for his son getting locked up. his son set fire to the school while on probation for drug charges he lived with his mom who was worried about her other 4 kids which is understandable but all kids should be treated the same, my husbands 2 daughters and his son wont even talk to him now because of the way he is treating me... so who is at fault his kids call me all the time, and the are grown with children of there own, he hasnt heard from his daughters in over 18 months, i tell them to call there dad but they said as long as he is pulling his crap then they have no respect for him, which is wrong,i cant force them to call , they live over 200 miles away

Litigation!

SoldiersMom said:
tx his son went to juvenile prison at 14 and thats when he changed towards me he drank non stop, i stood by his side but when his son got out 4 yrs ago my husband go even worse. His mom said it is because he is like his dad, but i feel deep down he blamed me for his son getting locked up. his son set fire to the school while on probation for drug charges he lived with his mom who was worried about her other 4 kids which is understandable but all kids should be treated the same, my husbands 2 daughters and his son wont even talk to him now because of the way he is treating me... so who is at fault his kids call me all the time, and the are grown with children of there own, he hasnt heard from his daughters in over 18 months, i tell them to call there dad but they said as long as he is pulling his crap then they have no respect for him, which is wrong,i cant force them to call , they live over 200 miles away

My response:

I asked a simple question. Here, let me repeat it: "Okay, was he like this, as you have described him, before the marriage, or did this great metamorphosis occur during your marriage?"

IAAL

Litigation!

SoldiersMom said:
tx it occured during right after his son went to juvenile for 3 yrs
My response:

Giving you the benefit of every doubt, and presuming that everything you've said up to this point is accurate, then you have no concerns that he is "going to get our daughter." He's a criminal. Second, Texas couldn't care less if you have an affair on the side, whether you're married or separated.

So, the "fight" for your child should be quite short - - he has no grounds.

IAAL

SoldiersMom

thanks

i didnt mean to sound like a goody two shoes and i myself use to drink but that was before he came into my life, when i left him i prayed he would change back to what he was years ago but he has gotten worse and i feel there is only one way out and that is divorce but thanks

LdiJ

SoldiersMom said:
No, having friendly conversations with men is not adultery, and cannot be used as a reason to take custody away from you.

ceara19

LdiJ said:
No, having friendly conversations with men is not adultery, and cannot be used as a reason to take custody away from you.
That is true most of the time. But, it CAN depend on the kind of person these men are and if they are around the child. If the friend is a child molester or drug dealer or things along those lines, dad could make a pretty good case for custody or at least for restrictions to be put in place as to who can be around while the child is there.

LdiJ

ceara19 said:
That is true most of the time. But, it CAN depend on the kind of person these men are and if they are around the child. If the friend is a child molester or drug dealer or things along those lines, dad could make a pretty good case for custody or at least for restrictions to be put in place as to who can be around while the child is there.
Well, of course that's true...but that applies to any person that mom might be friends with, not just men.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">