• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going out of town.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

checker126

il. My husband is taking my daughter out of town for a few days. We are starting the divorce process no papers have been served yet. Do i have the legal right to have him write a letter saying he is taking her where and when they will be back. thanks, checker126

mistoffolees

il. My husband is taking my daughter out of town for a few days. We are starting the divorce process no papers have been served yet. Do i have the legal right to have him write a letter saying he is taking her where and when they will be back. thanks, checker126
If no papers have been served, then he can take her out of town.

If he is leaving the country, you'd have some limited protection. SOME countries (but not all) require a letter from the other parent before letting a single adult enter with a child, so he might not be able to do it if he's leaving the country (Canada is one of the ones which asks).

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

you have the legal right to ask and he has the legal right to say no.

Apart from that misty is correct (and if i could ever remember how he spelled his whole name I would type it).

mistoffolees

you have the legal right to ask and he has the legal right to say no.
Good point. If they can't communicate well enough for him to even tell her where he's taking their child, I predict two lawyers who are going to make a lot of money in the coming months.

Apart from that misty is correct (and if i could ever remember how he spelled his whole name I would type it).
Didn't anyone see 'Cats'?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Good point. If they can't communicate well enough for him to even tell her where he's taking their child, I predict two lawyers who are going to make a lot of money in the coming months.

Didn't anyone see 'Cats'?
That was a musical. It was sung.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">