• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gonna be long losts of questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Baybee27

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Met my husband when I was a single mom at 18 we started dating in 1996.. Married in 2000 with a prenup. In the prenup I get nothing what so ever. We have a house. But here are my questions? HE has stopped having taxes takin out of his checks and now there are leins on the house. I was not working at that time but my name is on the joint tax returns. They are on his credit report but not mine. How can I have something wrote up that states I am not responsible for these amounts and will it hold up in court. The next item we purchased me a truck but it is in his name and so is the financing but I make all the payments, what needs to be done so he can not take the vehicle from me. Yes we have a prenup from before we got married. I don't get any money from the sell of the house from his 401k nothing.

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

Baybee27 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

Met my husband when I was a single mom at 18 we started dating in 1996.. Married in 2000 with a prenup. In the prenup I get nothing what so ever. We have a house. But here are my questions? HE has stopped having taxes takin out of his checks and now there are leins on the house. I was not working at that time but my name is on the joint tax returns. They are on his credit report but not mine. How can I have something wrote up that states I am not responsible for these amounts and will it hold up in court. The next item we purchased me a truck but it is in his name and so is the financing but I make all the payments, what needs to be done so he can not take the vehicle from me.
You drew up a prenuptial agreement. Now is the time for EACH of y'all to get you a lawyer and draw up a postnuptial agreement. Or get divorced. Your choice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">