• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Good Father Bad Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChrisAnonymous

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Last October, my wife committed adultery in the marriage. We separated for a few months where I found a new home and our young son stayed with me. That March, I believed she changed so I allowed her into the new home even though her name was not on the lease. Not even a month later, I was getting signs that she was still the same person so I attempted to kick her out but she would not leave because 'She has nowhere to stay' even though she was living with her sister for the 6 months. I filed for divorce and full custody of our son and we both went back and forth in a legal battle for a few months. Third times the charm, I started to believe that there just may be one opportunity to make this marriage work. We went to counseling and took about 5 sessions. Each session, the counselors felt that she was not fully committed but verbally stated to them she does want to make it work. July, we moved into a new Townhome with both of our names on the lease so that I would not try to 'kick her out again'. However, I find that this was just a ploy to live somewhere stable, simply put she used me. At home, I do all the work at home, including cleaning, cooking, and even taking care of our son. When I asked her to help she uses excuses stating she is tired or she needs 'Me time'. There were multiple occasions that she was talking to other men via text that even came up in counseling where she deleted the messages when asked and she acts like there was nothing wrong. Also, since I am the one caring for our child's needs, she does not spend time with him, in fact, in public she makes it seem like she is the mother of the year, but at home, she pushes him on me. I also pay all the bills excluding groceries, since that's the one thing she does pay for. I work full time making a good sum of money, she also works but clearly not making nearly enough. She doesn't respect me at home or at all and for the last and final time, I am done. Because I cannot 'prove' that she isn't a real parent to her son, I know she is going to try and get joint custody with residency being with her. Throughout the whole separation every time, he was with me. I have technically been raising him over the past year 90 of the time. I do not trust her being with him because of what she shows now. I know as soon as the legal process begins, she will once again make it seem like she is 'Mother of the Year'. Recently I found a pair of 'Used' male briefs that are not mine and clearly aren't hers. She will easily say that she bought them and that they are hers because I found used underwear that does not belong to me when we moved in. I just want a divorce but also being able to take care of my son. But because of who she is, she will make it seem like I am just trying to take control because I still cannot 'prove' her as a bad parent. I live in the state of Missouri. Money is tight because I care for our son and pay all the bills at home. Any suggestions?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Who cares for the child while you are at work?

Check out the forums at mensdivorce. They're good on strategy.

ChrisAnonymous

His Great Grandmother on his Mother's side. I am in the process of looking for another care provider but she has been mutual in the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">