• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a letter from my EW's lawyer - TN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Antax

I got a letter from my ex wife lawyer a couple days ago saying that my ex is requesting my year to date income information per the terms of the Final Decree of Divorce.

We are both required to send each other our W2 forms by Feb 15 and tax returns by April 15. A few weeks ago my ex also requested, via email, how much my medical insurance is for our kids which I am required to have. There is nothing in the Decree saying I have to disclose how much it is just that I have to have it.

I have sent my W2 and new insurance cards as required by the Decree by the date required. I haven't had my taxes done yet so they have not been sent.

Should I just ignore the letter or send a reply stating the obvious?

Thank you

LdiJ

I got a letter from my ex wife lawyer a couple days ago saying that my ex is requesting my year to date income information per the terms of the Final Decree of Divorce.

We are both required to send each other our W2 forms by Feb 15 and tax returns by April 15. A few weeks ago my ex also requested, via email, how much my medical insurance is for our kids which I am required to have. There is nothing in the Decree saying I have to disclose how much it is just that I have to have it.

I have sent my W2 and new insurance cards as required by the Decree by the date required. I haven't had my taxes done yet so they have not been sent.

Should I just ignore the letter or send a reply stating the obvious?

Thank you
Clearly her attorney is attempting to recalculate child support to see if a modification is appropriate. If you don't prove the medical insurance cost (the children's portion only) and your current YTD income then she may go ahead and file for a modification and then you will HAVE to provide them.

Its really up to you.

jumac

can't say much bout the taxies but as for the insurance. Most insurance only cover a set $$ amount per year. Your ex may want to know what this number is so that as they take the kids in they know how much will be covered.

Antax

Thanks for the replies.

LdiJ, that's kind of what I was figuring. We've only been divorced for a year and a half. I thought they could only have child support recalculated every 3 years in TN?

jumac, she didnt say anything about coverage. She wanted to know how much I was paying.

Oh well she would probably end up getting less. My pay is still the same, my insurance is higher and now her income is higher.

The email she sent before said she wanted to know how much mine was because her employer was looking at getting insurance for them. Now I wonder.

I was actually in the process of getting the information when I got the letter from her lawyer. We don't have and HR person here so I had to send an email to our HR department at corporate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">