• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Grand Theft Grounds for Divorce in Ohio?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Buckeyedoctorse

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Is Grand Theft (Felony 4) conviction grounds for divorce in Ohio. My wife was convicted of stealing a large sum of money and over the last year I have paid out lots in lawyer fees and it is now pushing us to bankruptcy. She was not incarerated.

LdiJ

Is Grand Theft (Felony 4) conviction grounds for divorce in Ohio. My wife was convicted of stealing a large sum of money and over the last year I have paid out lots in lawyer fees and it is now pushing us to bankruptcy. She was not incarerated.
I don't believe that you necessarily have to have grounds at all to get a divorce in Ohio....other than irreconcilable differences.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Unlike what LDij stated, irreconciable differences is NOT a reason for divorce in Ohio. The proper term is incompatibility unless one party denies. If she was not incarcerated then it is not grounds for divorce. You can also divorce under a few other grounds including neglect of duty, habitual drunkenness, adultery, living separate and apart for a year or more, and a few others. As for you paying a large sum of money for attorneys -- that was YOUR decision. You did not have to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">