• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grapevine ?,

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sandstone

What is the name of your state? PA
divorce is in the future of a friend of mine and we would like to know: before marriage motorcycle was purchasd and title is in his name will motorcycle be considered marital assets? other items were purchased during marriage, but title is only in his name, these are probably marrital assets , yes? but since they are only in his name could he sell them and only give her half, thereby selling it for $1. and her half would be .50? Or is there something legal that would guarantee her (bluebook value) of item? wife also owned property prior to marriage, which she is planning to sell, which is difficult to understand, wife owned land prior to marriage and they built a house on part of that land and now she is selling a potion of said land. Is he allowed a portion of the monies from selling the land? In addition to down the road whenever they sell the house, they will have to come to an agreement on how much land will be sold with the house.
and i believe he is totally screwed regarding the building of new house, he owned a house previously to marring this woman, the house was sold 2 weeks after marriage and the money put towards the building of new house, I would imagine since he sold his house after they were married it is considered marital money? and she will get a % of the house he owned, correct?
any help will be greatly appreciated
sandstone

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
A judge will see through his little ploy of selling stuff for a dollar in order to stiff her what she's entitled to. And I can guarantee will not find it "cute" or amusing.

His bike is his. The house/land will be marital in part - he'd be entitled to an equitable distribution of the value of the house (and possibly some portion of the increase in value of the land - I wouldn't hazard a guess at the details).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">