• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grounds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HollyLewis

What is the name of your state? WEST VIRGINIA
I WAS WANDERING WHAT THE GROUNDS FOR A LEGAL DIVORCE IN WEST VIRGINIA ARE.
DOES ALCOHOLISM OR LACK OF INTAMACY COUNT? ALSO DOES THE STEPFATHER HAVE ANY GROUNDS FOR THE CHILDREN BORN OF A PRIOR MARRIAGE? ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME ON THIS MATTER WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP.
HOLLY LEWIS:confused:

seniorjudge

HollyLewis said:
What is the name of your state? WEST VIRGINIA
I WAS WANDERING WHAT THE GROUNDS FOR A LEGAL DIVORCE IN WEST VIRGINIA ARE.
DOES ALCOHOLISM OR LACK OF INTAMACY COUNT? ALSO DOES THE STEPFATHER HAVE ANY GROUNDS FOR THE CHILDREN BORN OF A PRIOR MARRIAGE? ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME ON THIS MATTER WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP.
HOLLY LEWIS:confused:
West Virginia law recognizes only the following grounds as sufficient for granting a no-fault divorce: (1) Irreconcilable differences have arisen between the spouses or (2) living separate and apart without cohabitation and interruption for one year.

LdiJ

And no, unless the stepfather adopted the children he has no rights where the children are concerned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">