• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this grounds for annulment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dc65

What is the name of your state? NV

My girlfriend wants to get married. She is obsessed with the idea. She is convinced that our relationship can work, although I myself am having serious doubts.

She is also pregnant. I definitely do NOT wish to be a father at this time.

She says she will agree to have an abortion, but only under the condition that I marry her first and attempt to "make it work". I'm tempted to take her up on her offer, for the sole purpose of getting this pregnancy terminated.

OK - so let's say we go through with the wedding, followed by the abortion. Is there any way I can get this marriage annulled? Say due to duress or coercion? Or is there some other alternative?

At the present time, we are not living together, nor do I have any intention of ever doing so. I just want to walk away.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I'm not sure if you need an attorney or a shrink - - perhaps both.

Read your post, slowly. Your post is telling of a "match made in hell." Do not get married.

Get a consultation with a Family law attorney. It will be worth the couple hundred bucks.

IAAL

G

gooberitiz

Come on man.........you gotta be better at weeding out these types of chix.

just because they give you sex, you have to be listening to their ulterior motives, and get the hell out of there BEFORE she gets pregnant and screws your life up.

She probably gave you lots of HINTS, months before but you were NOT listening.

How about this get her to sign a statement that she will have the abortion, or will not persue child support from you forever.

Maybe two can play her scummy game.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">