• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevscott60

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

My ex wife has complained to my boss the county manager that I have used my county vehicle to try and run her off the road, that I was using my county truck to stalk her, and now is using the public information act to examine my county records including cell phone and email. Would this be grounds to file an harrassment suit against her?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

My ex wife has complained to my boss the county manager that I have used my county vehicle to try and run her off the road, that I was using my county truck to stalk her, and now is using the public information act to examine my county records including cell phone and email. Would this be grounds to file an harrassment suit against her?
Did you try to run her off the road or stalk her? If so, that would not be harassment.

Examing public records is definitely not harassment. What she might do with those records could be.

mistoffolees

Examining public records is definitely not harassment.
True, but if it's true, it could cause OP some trouble. There may be privacy statutes in place and use of a public job for personal gain would also be a problem. So OP needs to make sure that he's NOT accessing her private information.

mistoffolees

both of her accusations are false
Then tell your boss that the accusations are false and have a good laugh at her expense.

Now, if your job is threatened because of her accusations, you could probably go after her for slander and possibly tortuous interference, but that would be a huge amount of trouble and not worth dealing with unless you actually lose your job because of her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">