• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have to move out of state during a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jpwashington

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington
I am just wondering how a move out of state will affect a pending divorce? i am still about 12 months away from trial and finalization. i have been doing business in other states, one of which now requires my full attention. how will this affect the court dates inbetween, and or if i am not able to make it back in 12 months for the final date?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington
I am just wondering how a move out of state will affect a pending divorce? i am still about 12 months away from trial and finalization. i have been doing business in other states, one of which now requires my full attention. how will this affect the court dates inbetween, and or if i am not able to make it back in 12 months for the final date?
If you don't attend a trial date, chances are pretty good that you'll get shafted.

Get a local attorney to handle the trials for you.

It WILL affect child custody if that's an issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">