• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have to Travel for Work, and WORRIED...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrsSSimpson

What is the name of your state? CA

OK - I've posted a couple of times before, but have a new question.

I'm being sent to TX for work, for almost 2 weeks. I let my husband know appx 3 weeks ago, and that I was making arrangements with my family (either sister or Mom) to help with the kids (my oldest 2 are from a previous relationship, the baby is with my husband), he said he would make arrangements with work to be available at home. MY main reason for the arrangements are because for the past 8 months, he's been "working" and away from the home from appx 8am to appx 9-10pm, and I want to make sure that everything with the kids are taken care of. He would leave my older kids there alone without a second thought - which I do too at times (they are 12 and 13) but only for short periods of time, whereas he has done it for hours on end, and I don't like that. My other reasons are because I am afraid to leave and come back and find the house empty of furniture or items he may try to take from me before our court date next month. About 80% of the furniture and belongings in the home I'VE purchased before our marriage, and another 10% I purchased ALONE during the marriage - he's maybe purchased and contributed to the home about 5-10%, if that. I'm not too materialistic, BUT I don't want to see anything that I busted MY butt to purchase simply walk out while I'm gone either. I will grudgingly let it go if a judge so orders, though.

My problem is, I told him again yesterday that I made arrangements for my sister to be there while I'm gone. I want to make sure nothing leaves the home, as well as ensure that he doesn't have some woman or "friends" in my house while I'm gone (I wouldn't put anything past him - he's already propositioned my OTHER sister for sex, which is why I'm divorcing him). Anyway, he says he's got it taken care of with work and doesn't need my sister there, but without her there I'm completely STRESSED, and I have no choice but to leave for work. Can I legally give her my permission to stay there in my absence - even if it's to take care of my older children? Perhaps through a power of attorney or temporary guardianship, or some written statement by me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">