• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

having no income and getting custody of children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crazy73girl

What is the name of your state? colorado
I am inquiring wondering what will happen if I file for divorce and I am filling out the financial affadavit part and I have nothing to show for income if the judge will not grant me custody of my kids because I am not working. I amliving with boyfriend and I am pregnant and on bed rest; he is the one providing for me and my children; how will the judge see this and what should i put down to show for income? do i put down my boyfriends income since i dont have any?

Zephyr

income will not be the determining factor for where the children live, and your boyfriend's income should not be included

crazy73girl

so what do i put down for income? because will hte judge think that I dont have the means to provide for my kids? i have been told income will be a factor in the child custody? but both parents ahve agreed to file joint custody and neither one of us wants to mess with child support;

LdiJ

crazy73girl said:
so what do i put down for income? because will hte judge think that I dont have the means to provide for my kids? i have been told income will be a factor in the child custody? but both parents ahve agreed to file joint custody and neither one of us wants to mess with child support;
Income is not a factor. Put down zero and explain about your pregnancy if you are concerned about misunderstandings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">