• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he bought property & put in his parents name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?texas
husband bought a few properties and put them in his parents name to keep me from ever getting my hands on any of them, his parents have no income & I do have reciepts from our bank showing he drafted on our bank acc. for these properties... with them in their name am I not to get my half ?
:confused:

LdiJ

macandcheese said:
husband bought a few properties and put them in his parents name to keep me from ever getting my hands on any of them, his parents have no income & I do have reciepts from our bank showing he drafted on our bank acc. for these properties... with them in their name am I not to get my half ?
Go get yourself a consult with a local attorney. I am not sure that you have any recourse there. He can claim that the properties were gifts to his parents. However, if it happened during the process of you divorcing then maybe you have some recourse.

HomeGuru

macandcheese said:

**A: did he purchase the properties while you were married and with joint funds? If so, you have a claim. Are you still married?

married to a snake

yes to divorce and i just found out he had the home i live homesteaded in his dads name, that man has never lived here, i have for 20 yrs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">