• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is he cheating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dalora

What is the name of your state? new york
i want to know if my husband is cheating on me and i can do this if i can see his cellphone bill.

can i do this
how do i get this info

nextwife

Depends. First, celphone record may or may NOT tell you anything. I had a number of calls on my celphone from my ex boyfriend after I was married, and that was because he had my office and I handle a business matter on the sale of a property he and his brother owned. Over the three months from offer to close, there were a numer of times phone contact was necessary. And phone contact was all there was-for business.

However, if the cel is provied by his employer, the bills are their property. In which case, I would presume it would take a court order. If it is his own bill and it comes to the house, he is not obligated, legally to share it with you. My DH has me handle payment on his cel phone, so I do the online payment and have all the logins to access the account. As it does not appear you do, try talking to him about it and ask to see the bill?

stephenk

why not just ask your hubby for the bill?

Do you know the phone number of the person he is cheating with? If no, then you looking at the cell bill is useless.

nextwife

stephenk is right. I had been thinking you were seekong contact with a certain individial, but if you just think he'd cheating and want to check through his phone bull randomly, that REALLY won't tell you ANYTHING. I sure get and make tons of calls for business that are not to "offices". Many of my customers also telecommute sometimes and call from their "home offices:. Or have me call their customer directly at home. What is a phone record going to tell you anyway?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dalora said:
What is the name of your state? new york
i want to know if my husband is cheating on me and i can do this if i can see his cellphone bill.

can i do this
how do i get this info

My response:

If you have to ask this, then you shouldn't be married. Obviously, the trust is gone.

See a Family Law attorney and end it.

IAAL

D

dalora

i want to thank the people that responded to my thread. i appreciate your words of advice. i asked him for the bill but he wouldn't give it to me. i know what this means. i'm not that stupid, but i know the number i'm looking for. i would still love know if there is anyway i could get a copy of the bill. or is it next to impossible

stephenk

again, what does looking at the cell bill prove? Other than talking to the other person, it doesnt prove he is having an affair.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
In addition, a cell phone bill wouldn't meet the standard of proof regarding ground of adultery in NY. You're going to need a hell of a lot more than that.

D

dalora

Thanks, Stealth. It's not so much the proof I want as the peace of mind. I think I know who he is cheating with. My husband doesn't use his phone for work at all. He works odd hours, it's just part of his job. I'm looking for a lot of repeat numbers, you know, calls to the same number.

nextwife

Hon, I have plenty of repeated calls to the several same numbers, I have male customers that also work out of their homes. If I'm involved with a transaction with them, there may be need for many back and forth calls. So what? That in no way reflects an affair! geez, if my husband thought phone calls to certain numbers more than once in any way showed I was having an affair, he'd be halucinating.

Get over the cel phone. If you want "proof", hire a PI and let him get photos of actual face to face meets.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Heck - I have tons of repeated calls on my phone bills - cell & landline - and I'm not involved with anyone at all. Legitimately or not!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">