• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is He Divorced or Isn't He?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mhall2942

What is the name of your state? I am in Arizona but my friend lives in Georgia. when I talked to him on the phone he was telling me that he had married after his first wife had died but that they had been seperated over 7 years and therefore he was divorced. He claims it is a Georgia law. Is this correct or is he as I suspect still married to this second wife?
He is a very nice man but I fear not well educated in this matter and I would like for him to know for sure either he is or is not still married, so that he can correct this problem if that is what he wants to do.
Could you please help me?

Last edited:

mhall2942

Is He Married or Isn't He?

Georgia State-Marriage law
Could you please post the answer a little nicer and not so rude so that I can cut and paste it to him. He is a nice man just does not understand the law in this case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">