• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he refuses to move out, is there anything I can do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barefootdancer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

We've been married for 3 years, have two minor children 2 and 9months, one has special needs. He has acquired a lot of debt through out our marriage. Thankfully my name is not on most things but does that really matter since we are married? He refuses to move out because he can not afford the same quality of life as we have now. Is there anything I can do to make him leave? Can he be made to leave?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

We've been married for 3 years, have two minor children 2 and 9months, one has special needs. He has acquired a lot of debt through out our marriage. Thankfully my name is not on most things but does that really matter since we are married? He refuses to move out because he can not afford the same quality of life as we have now. Is there anything I can do to make him leave? Can he be made to leave?
Debt and Assists are split 50/50. He doesn't have to leave HIS home. If you want possession of the marital home you will need to request it in your filings.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
We rent a place. He has no job. I'm paying for everything.
Its still the marital home. You might also prepare yourself to pay short term alimony to him. And maybe child support because if you are working and he is not, guess who the primary caretaker of the children may be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">