• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He wants a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Elizabeth H

What is the name of your state?Virginia, I am a U.S. citizen but my husband is a U.K. citizen. He left me here in the states to go home to England, where he now resides. He left me for another woman he was having an online affair with 9 days after we were married. He left on 4 September without telling me he wasn't coming back. Shortly after I found out that he was cheating and had no intention of returning he said he wanted a divorce. I do not want him back but neither do I want him to get away with this. He says he has a lawyer but he is such a liar that I can't believe him. Now he says he wants an American divorce. Can he do this from England? Do I have any rights in this? He also took me for over $10,000.00. I want all of it back and more. I have his address, mother and fathers name and phone number. Because he is in England I don't know how this divorce thing is supposed to work. Please any help or advice I can get will be appreciated since right now I am totally in the dark.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">