• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he won't go

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lonesomedove

I will try to make this complicated as brief as possible. My husband wants a divorce but doesn't want to move out until he has paid all his credit cards. he has a job were he is on the road alot but there are still times when he is home and because of my mental illness it causes all kinds of problems including hospitalization is nothing personal betwween butour kids. He says if I allow him to live here for a few more years I will benefit a great deal but if I force him to leave now I will suffer. He will take many things away including the car, which with3 kids I need also cut back on the money etc. I'm confused, would it be better to take my chances and file for divorce or suffer it out. My state is Fl. would appreciate any info. also he is talking about 3-4 more years.

D

dorenephilpot

That's a decision only you can make.

Sounds like he wants a roommate situation. Two can definitely live more cheaply together than apart.

If you can live with that, and you think it's worthwhile, you are free to do that.

If you want a divorce, you are also free to do that.

Only you can decide how to proceed, though.

This doesn't sound like a legal question but a question of the heart.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">